See also students.cs.ubc.ca - Terms of Service.
- Other Policies, Rules and Requirements. These Terms of Service supplement UBC's policies, rules and requirements.
- Any contravention of these Terms may be reported to the Department Head for further action; possible actions include suspension of laboratory privileges, or other academic discipline as specified in the UBC Calendar.
- Access is granted to those and only those enrolled in a current CPSC course or program and can vary based on course enrollment.
- Access automatically expires for those whose enrollment in CPSC courses and programs has ended.
- It is not acceptable to borrow or lend access tokens or allow people into areas they are not authorized to be in. Access may be revoked from both parties if tokens are shared.
- Terminals will be automatically logged out after 6 hours of idle time. (Logged in but not in use.)
- Conduct in laboratories
- There is to be no smoking, eating, or drinking (except water).
- No loud talking, music, or other actions which may distract others.
- Personal usage (such as gaming) is restricted to off-peak hours.
- Under all circumstances, students must obey the directions of teaching assistants, staff, and faculty regarding laboratory equipment.
- General Conditions of Use
- Use of the Facility by Students. If you are a student, you may only access and use the Facility in support of your CPSC academic activities and related CPSC extra-curricular activities, or for other purposes that are approved by CPSC from time to time.
- Use of the Facility by Other Users. If you are not a student, you may only access and use the Facility for the purpose of carrying out the academic mandates of CPSC, or for other purposes that are approved by CPSC from time to time.
- Respectful Communications. You must follow UBC's requirements related to respectful communication, including Policy SC7 - Discrimination, the UBC Statement on Respectful Environment for Students, Faculty and Staff, and the UBC Student Code of Conduct.
- Commercial Uses. You are not permitted to place commercial advertising or promotions on or within the Facility, unless you have received prior permission from CPSC staff.
This page was last updated on Monday, July 19, 2021.