Statement of Intent
Part 1: Describe your research interests (Please keep Part 1 within 2 pages; mandatory)
Part 1 of your statement of intent is your opportunity to tell us about you and your research interests. It should be brief, 1 or at most 2 pages (not limited to # of words on each page), which describe:
- The research area(s) you wish to pursue in graduate school
- Your future academic and career plans
- Those aspects of your previous education, training and work experience that prepared you for graduate school
and future career
As each faculty member can only supervise a limited number of graduate students, not all applicants in a given research area will be accepted into the program.
Part 2: Publication (no word or page limit; only if applicable)
Beginning with your most recent, list the following:
- Papers published or accepted in refereed journals
- Papers submitted to refereed journals
- Other refereed contributions (e.g. technical reports, conference presentations, posters, etc.)
- Patents and copyrights (e.g. software, but not publication copyrights) submitted or awarded
Please indicate the full authorship as it appears/will appear in the original publication, year, title, publication name and volume, and number of pages. DO NOT send your article or thesis.
Part 3: Summary of Honours, Scholarships, Fellowships, and Awards (no word or page limit; only if applicable)
Beginning with the most recent, give the name of each award that you received, its value (if applicable), the period held or given, the scope of the award (i.e. whether it is institutional, provincial, national, or international) and a brief (one to two sentence) description. DO NOT send photocopies of your scholarship certificates.