Great casual spaces for studying between classes or after-hours.
Demco Learning Centre (ICICS X150)
The Demco Learning Centre (DCL) provides drop-in help for students having difficulty with any of the concepts presented in class and for advice on assignments and projects in many CPSC courses. The DLC also provides space for students to study alone or in small groups.
Ten project rooms are available for study use to students. Most rooms are equipped with large LCD monitors for you to plug laptops into, a whiteboard (bring your own markers), and chairs for up to six people to work at a time. All of the Project rooms are available for booking to student groups of 3 of more for up to 2 hours. Single students can use the room if a group isn't waiting.
Lounge / Study Areas
There are numerous undergrad study areas in the Computer Science buildings:
- Computer Science atrium (first and second floors)
- Pacific Poké area (ICCS X160)
- Study stairs on the west side of Pacific Poké
- ICCS 021 (Computer Science Student Society lounge)
- Undergrad labs in ICCS basement (when no scheduled lab in session)
- Undergrad labs in X-Wing (when no scheduled lab in session)
Around the UBC campus
There are many alternate student study areas on campus.