Course Reserves at the Reading Room
Reserve material on short-term or restricted loan for current Computer Science (CPSC) courses. Other related courses (APSC, COGS, CPEN, EECE) may also have material on Course Reserve.
To find material on Course Reserve, check the list of Current Course Reserves [pdf], or search the Reading Room catalogue for the course and number.
Only courses offered in the current term are on Course Reserve. For your information, the Past Course Reserves page has some of the books that have been used during the past few offerings of many courses, either as textbooks, other references or course reserves.
1 Day Loans
- May be signed out for 24 hours.
- Self-service sign out - instructions are provided in the book and at the front counter.
- No renewals.
- Return by due date and time directly to the Reading Room.
- If you are returning a 1 Day Loan for a Grad course while the Reading Room is closed, please check-in the material yourself so that others with fob access can use the material immediately (see instructions in book).
Library Use Only material
- Use material in the Reading Room -- may not be signed out.
- Undergrad Library Use Only material is kept at the front counter. Please ask and provide student ID.
Notes for Instructors
Please contact us with book purchase requests. If the material is for a course, please try to contact us a month before the start of the course.
If you would like material to be placed on Course Reserve, try to contact us two weeks before the start of the course.
As the UBC Library is open evenings and weekends, we suggest that it be used as the primary source for Undergraduate Course Reserves. The Reading Room can be used to provide alternate or backup copies of Undergraduate books. Note: The Reading Room is independent from the UBC Library system.
Other UBC Course Reserves
UBC Library Course Reserves
The UBC Library also has course reserve material: UBC Library Course Reserves.
Undergraduate students should use the Library, evenings and weekends. Check the Library website for branch hours.
Check out the Instructor Resources pages for adding Library course reserves.
Note: The Reading Room is independent from the UBC Library system.
UBC Vancouver Academic Calendar PDFs: