Undergraduate Program questions
What types of questions can we answer?
- Applying for a CS specialization
- Program information
- Course registration
- Accessing and submitting online timesheets
- Applying for student research awards
What types of questions can't we answer?
There are some topics for which you'll need to schedule an appointment with an advisor instead, like:
- MATH and STATS course requirements
- Program options
- Transfer credits
- Meeting CS graduation requirements
- PHYS, CHEM, BIOL or ENGL requirements
- Choosing electives to satisfy the Science Breadth Requirement
- Transferring credits for courses other than CS courses
Are your undergraduate program questions still unanswered?
If you haven't found answers on our website or the other modes of contact listed above,
Grad Program questions
IT Help Desk
The Computer Science IT Help Desk is here to ensure our computing services for CS Faculty, staff, graduates and undergrad students enrolled in CS courses work properly.
2. The Help Desk is not equipped to help with questions about space and facilities-related requests (access to the building, computer lab bookings and any building-related issues). For these questions, please email email@example.com
Self-help IT Resources
- Activate your account or reset your password: www.cs.ubc.ca/getacct
- Consult My CS if you are Faculty, Staff, or a current student
- Book lab space
- Connect to CS resources
- Run Linux from Windows
- About undergraduate computing accounts
- General computing information for undergrads
- Forwarding email
- Free software
- End of term FAQs
Our support also includes:
- Department-owned computer hardware
- Departmental webpages
Are your questions still unanswered?
The Computer Science IT Help Desk is available by email: firstname.lastname@example.org from Mon. - Fri. 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Until further notice, in-person service is by appointment only.
Location & Hours
Main CS Office Location
The University of British Columbia
201-2366 Main Mall
Vancouver, BC Canada V6T 1Z4
7:30 am - 5:00 pm (M-F)
The undergraduate zone will be open from 7:30 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. (M-F) until Sept 20 (drop /add course deadline), and then will be 7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (M-F)
Hugh Dempster Pavilion (CS Lecture Theatres and Classrooms)
6245 Agronomy Road
Vancouver, B.C. V6T 1Z4
Use the Translink website to plan your route to UBC, or use the "Bus" option on Google Maps direction-finder, which will likely have you arrive at the UBC bus loop near the SUB. Walk west from the bus loop, and then south along Main Mall. There are also shuttle routes for getting around campus.
The Thunderbird Parkade and Health Sciences Parkade are the closest parkades to the ICICS/CS building which is located at 2366 Main Mall and the Hugh Dempster Pavilion at 6245 Agronomy Rd. It takes approximately 5 minutes to walk west from the parkades to the building. The "B4" Lot on the corner of Main Mall and Agronomy is much closer than the parkades, however it may be difficult to find spots. It also has several short-term meters. More info.
Map of Greater Vancouver
Floor Maps ICICS building maps of each floor
UBC Campus Wayfinding Map Interactive location finder
UBC Visitor Parking Find parking locations and availability of spots
AMS Safe Walk Program Be escorted safely to your destination on campus