Resources available at the ICICS/Computer Science Reading Room for learning about computer animation and video game design, development & programming.
To find more, search our catalogue.
- 3D game engine architecture : engineering real-time applications with Wild Magic / Eberly.
QA 76.76 C672 E15 2005 + CDROM
- Artificial intelligence for games. 2nd ed. / Ian Millington and John Funge
QA 76.76 C672 M549 2009
- Augmented learning : research and design of mobile educational games / Klopfer
LB 1029 G3 K585 2008
- The best of game programming gems / ed. DeLoura.
QA 76.76 C672 B45 2008 + CDROM
- Casual game design : designing play for the gamer in all of us / Trefry.
QA 76.76 C672 T755 2010
- Computer animation : algorithms and techniques. 3rd ed. / Parent.
TR 897.7 P36 2012
- Creatinggames : mechanics, content, and technology / McGuire, Jenkins
QA 76.76 C672 M34 2009
- Designing games : a guide to engineering experiences / Sylvester
QA 76.76 C672 S949 2013
- Essential mathematics for games and interactive applications : a programmers guide / van Verth, Bishop.
QA 76.76 C672 V47 2004 + CDROM
- Fluid simulation for computer graphics / Bridson
T 385 B744 2008
- Fundamentals of game design. 3rd ed. / Adams
QA 76.76 C672 A322 2014
- Game analytics : maximizing the value of player data / El-Nasr, Drachen, Canossa, eds.
GV 1469.15 G36 2013
- Game coding complete. 4th ed. / McShaffry, Graham
QA 76.76 C672 M395 2013
- Game design : from blue sky to green light / Todd.
QA 76.76 C672 T63 2007
- Game design workshop : a playcentric approach to creating innovative games. 3rd ed. / Fullerton
QA 76.76 C672 F84 2014
- Game engine architecture / Gregory.
QA 76.76 C672 G77 2009
- Game physics / Eberly.
QA 76.76 C672 E24 2003 + CDROM
- Game testing : all in one. 2nd ed. / Schultz, Bryant.
QA 76.76 C672 S36 2012
- Introduction to game development. 2nd ed / edited by Rabin.
QA 76.76 C672 I58 2010
- Leveldesign : concept, theory, and practice / Kremers.
QA 76.76 C672 K74 2009
- Levelup! : the guide to great video game design / Rogers.
QA 76.76 C672 L484 2010
- OpenGL programming guide : the official guide to learning OpenGL, version 4.5 with SPIR-V. 9th ed. / Kessenich, Sellers, Shreiner
T 385 O636 2017
- Physically based rendering : from theory to implementation / Pharr, Humphreys.
T 385 P4377 2004 + CDROM
- Players making decisions : game design essentials and the art of understanding your players / Hiwiller
GV 1469.15 H58 2016
- Real-time collision detection / Ericson.
TR 897.7 E75 2005
- Real-time rendering. 3rd edition / Akenine-Möller, Haines.
T 385 M635 2008
- A theory of fun for game design / Koster.
QA 76.76 C672 K67 2005
Social Aspects, History, Fiction
- Blood, sweat, and pixels : the triumphant, turbulent stories behind how video games are made / Schreier
GV 1469.3 S37 2017
- Consolewars : Sega, Nintendo, and the battle that defined a generation / Harris
HD 9993 E452 H37 2014 (also Audiobook)
- Daemon : a novel / Suarez
PS 3619 U327 D34 2009
- Erebos : it's a game : it watches you / Poznanski
PZ 7 P7578 2012
- Extra lives : why video games matter / Bissell
GV 1469.3 B55 2010
- Gamelife : a memoir / Clune
GV 1469.15 C59 2015
- Getting gamers : the psychology of video games and their impact on the people who play them / Madigan
GV 1469.34 P79 M33 2016
- A history of video games in 64 objects / World Video Game Hall of Fame
GV 1469.3 H57 2018
- In real life / Doctorow, Wang
PZ 7.7 D64 2014
- JPod : a novel / Coupland
PS 8555 O8253 J66 2006
- Movinginnovation : a history of computer animation / Sito.
TR 897.7 S48 2013
- Power play : how video games can save the world / Burak, Parker
GV 1469.34 S52 B86 2017
- Reality is broken : why games make us better and how they can change the world / McGonigal.
GV 1201.38 M34 2011
- To Pixar and beyond : my unlikely journey with Steve Jobs to make entertainment history / Levy
PN 1998.3 L4673 A3 2016
- The video game debate : unravelling the physical, social, and psychological effects of digital games / Kowert, Quandt, eds.
GV 1469.3 V5225 2016