- Create a Campus Wide Login (CWL)account.
In order to submit an application, you must have a UBC Campus Wide Login (CWL) account.
IMPORTANT: Choose a CWL login name that you like or find acceptable as your CS account will have the same name if you are admitted into the CS graduate program).
- Complete the online application.
After you have a CWL account, you can complete the online application for either:
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, or
- M.Sc. in Computer Science
- Fill in the application and upload the required documents.
- Pay your Application Fee (non refundable).
When you are ready to submit the application, you should have the method of payment ready as you will be required to pay the application fee. Application fee is waived for international applicants whose citizenship and correspondence address is located in one of the world's 50 least developed countries, as declared by the United Nations. Detailed information is available on the Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral website.
- Click "Continue" to submit the application.
After you have paid your application, please remember to click "Continue" to submit the application and all required documents (including reference letters) by December 15.
- Mandatory: three (3) references. Please ensure that your referees submit their references online by December 15.
- I have problems entering my degrees because I received two different credentials from same institution with same start and end dates.
Please alter start and end dates of one credential so it differs from the other by one day.
- Can I apply for an application fee waiver?
The application fee waiver is administered by the Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies, not each individual department. Please see the application fee waiver criteria: https://www.grad.ubc.ca/prospective-students/application-admission/online-application-fee For additional questions, please contact the Faculty of Graduate and Post-Doctoral Studies.