Our collection includes a number of books by current and former Faculty and other Computer Science Department and ICICS members.
UBC CS Lab Publications
UBC ICICS Publications
ICICS Publications: Innovations magazine and Focus (legacy publications).
Open Access Repositories
cIRcle: UBC’s Information Repository
cIRcle is the University of British Columbia's digital repository for research and teaching materials created by the UBC community and its partners.
Note that publishing on a personal or even departmental website will NOT comply with the Tri-Agency Policy, so depositing in cIRcle is recommended (even if it is also available in an open access journal).
For research by or involving Faculty, the cIRcle staff will upload the content on your behalf (https://circle.ubc.ca/submissions/submit-content/faculty-staff/).
Instructions for submitting graduate research
UBC Computer Science members who wish to deposit materials in cIRcle, may contact Bernice Koh at the Reading Room.
OpenDOAR : Directory of Open Access Repositories
Citation, Style & Format
- Citation Style Guides (UBC Library information page)
- Submitting Articles to ACM Journals
- ACM Author-izer service enables ACM authors to generate and post links
- IEEE Author Center
- Preparing your article
- Preparing your graphics and multimedia materials
- Guidelines for article submission
- Post-acceptance procedures
- Post-publication procedures
Citation Management Software
- EndNote community support
- Mendeley support center
- RefWorks guide (UBC Library) | RefWorks online help
- Zotero support page | Zotero discussion forums
- UBC Copyright
- Copyright Guidelines for UBC Faculty, Staff and Students provides a basic summary of copyright law
- Copyright Requirements for UBC Faculty and Staff sets out UBC’s requirements regarding copyright
- Fair Dealing Requirements for UBC Faculty and Staff provides direction to faculty members and staff as to how the Fair Dealing Exception applies to certain copying at UBC
- CIPO: Canadian Intellectual Property Office
- Sherpa/Romeo : Publisher Copyright Policies and Self Archiving
- Use this site to find a summary of permissions that are normally given as part of each publisher's copyright transfer agreement.
- SPARC : TheScholarly Publishing & Academic Resources Coalition
- Authors Rights: Using the SPARC Author Addendum to secure your rights as the author of a journal article
Evaluating Information Sources (UBC Library)
Literature Reviews: Getting Started (UBC Library)
Evaluating Resources: A Tutorial (Berkeley)
Getting Started on Your Research (UBC Library)