The department considers health and safety to be of paramount concern. Emergencies, disasters, accidents and injuries can occur at any time and without warning. Be prepared to handle emergencies. All new faculty, staff and graduate students working in the ICICS/CS building must complete the Safety Orientation Checklist.
Report all accidents or near-miss incidents immediately to your supervisor, CS Emergency Director and CS Department Head and within 24 hours in the UBC on-line Central Accident Incident Reporting System (CAIRS).
When calling in an Emergency:
1. Have the building name, address and room number ready
2. Dial 9-1-1
3. Specify whether you need Police, Ambulance or Fire.
What can I do to be better prepared BEFORE an emergency occurs?
- Sign up for Emergency UBC Alerts to your cell phone
- Read the online ICICS/CS Safety Orientation
- Department members must complete UBC CS Safety Orientation
- Familiarize yourself with the ICICS building floor plan and ICICS Area of Assembly
- Participate in all practice drills and training programs
- This is a chemical free building. Please DO NOT bring in or use chemicals in the ICICS/CS building.
- Review UBC Emergency Procedures on Active Shooter, Bomb Threat, Earthquake, Evacuation … etc.
- Familiarize yourself with UBC Occupational First Aid Program and UBC Centralized Accident / Incident Reporting System (CAIRS)
- Create your own Emergency Disaster Kit
Safety On Campus