UBC Tech Career Fair
The fair is happening Thurs. Jan 30, 10 am to 4 pm in the Life Sciences Centre. Last year over 50 companies attended, and we're expecting a similar number this year.
The fair gives students an excellent chance to speak with recruiters and other company representatives about new graduate, summer, internship, or co-op positions.
Some resources to help you prepare for the fair (provided by Diane Johnson, our department's Career Planning and Placement Coordinator).
Resume Writing Advice Links
Resume, cover letters, and curriculum vitae: https://students.ubc.ca/career/career-resources/resumes-cover-letters-curricula-vitae
Sample Computer Science Student Resumes
- For resume length, US examples are usually 1 page long, Canadian ones often 2 pages. See this link for how to decide your resume's length: https://www.monster.com/career-advice/article/how-to-decide-on-resume-length
- From UBC Centre for Student Involvement and Careers: https://students.ubc.ca/career/career-resources/resumes-cover-letters-curricula-vitae
- From Concordia University (Canadian): https://www.concordia.ca/content/dam/concordia/offices/cdev/caps/docs/sample-resumes/encs/resume_compsci.pdf
- From Clarkson University (US): https://www.clarkson.edu/writingcenter/senior_CS_resume.html
- From Smith College (US): https://www.smith.edu/lazaruscenter/pdf/science-tech-resumes.pdf
Questions to Ask Recruiters at the Fair