CPSC 303: Numerical Approximation and Discretization
2016/2017 Winter Term 2 (January-April 2017)
MWF 12-1pm, Dempster (DMP) 301
- Homework submission policy
- Assignments must be handed in at the beginning of class on the due date.
If you cannot hand in your assignment in class, you may hand it in to the Assignment Box marked CPSC 303 in ICCS X235
before lecture on the due date. Your hard copy assignment must also include all your code and output.
- Do not print out numbers with very long fractions unless specifically asked to do so.
- Electronic code submission: In addition to the hard copy, all code should be submitted electronically before lecture on the due date using the handin command. See the instructions here.
- Collaboration policy: You are allowed to discuss assignment questions with anyone you like. However:
- You must write up your submission independently.
- Your submission must list anyone with whom you discussed the problems.
- Any part of your computer code that was not originally written by you must be clearly identified.
- Late homework: Each student gets three delays to use during the term.
A delay allows you to submit before or at the beginning of the following class.
For example, if the assignment were due at noon on Wednesday, then submission by noon on Friday is one delay.
You may not use more than one delay on the same assignment.
Once you have used your three delays, late assignments will not be accepted.
- Bonus questions: Bonus questions on homework assignments are optional homework questions.
They cover material that is not required for the midterm or final exam.
- The exact number of bonus marks will be determined by the instructor at the end of the course.
You can estimate a boost of about 5% if you correctly do all the bonus questions throughout the semester.