Finished Papers, Autumn 2007
- December 12: Sancho: Ondrej Chum and Andrew
Zisserman, An Exemplar Model for Learning Object Classes, CVPR 2007. [External link]
- December 5: No robuddies this week, due to NIPS.
- November 28: Per-Erik: The iCub Cognitive Humanoid
Robot Research Platform [Home page][External link]
- November 21: Jim
Little: Jianxin Wu et al. A Scalable Approach to Activity Recognition based on Object
Use, ICCV'07. [External link]
- November 14:
- David Meger:
Silvio Savarese, Li Fei-Fei, 3D generic object categorization, localization
and pose estimation, ICCV'07.
Li-Jia Li, Li Fei-Fei, What, where and who? Classifying events by scene and
object recognition, ICCV'07.
- November 7: ICCV'07 Highlights II
- David Meger: DARPA challenge summary (not an ICCV paper)
- Scott: How Good are Local Features for Classes of Geometric Objects,
Michael Stark, Bernt Schiele
- Per-Erik: A Rank Minimization Approach to Video Inpainting, Tao
Ding, Mario Sznaier, Octavia Camps
- Sancho: Vector Quantizing Feature Space with a Regular Lattice,
Tinne Tuytelaars, Cordelia Schmid
- Jim: Retrieving Actions in Movies, Ivan Laptev and Patrick
- October 31: ICCV'07 Highlights
- David Lowe: PASCAL Workshop Summary
- Kenji: Scene Summarization for Online Image Collections, Ian Simon, Noah Snavely, Steven M. Seitz
- Wei-Lwun: Active Learning with Gaussian Processes for Object
Categorization, Ashish Kapoor, Kristen Grauman, Raquel Urtasun, Trevor Darrell
- Bob Woodham: Synthetic Aperture Tracking: Tracking through Occlusions, Neel Joshi, Shai Avidan, Wojciech Matusik and David Kriegman
- October 24: Marius: Krystian Mikolajczyk, Jiri
Matas. Improving SIFT for Fast Tree Matching by Optimal Linear
- October 17: Sancho McCann: E. Nowak and
F. Jurie, Learning Visual Similarity Measures for Comparing Never Seen
Objects. CVPR07. [External link]
- October 10: Matthew Dockrey: D. Hoiem, A. Stein, A. Efros,
M. Hebert. Recovering Occlusion Boundaries from a Single Image.
ICCV07. [External link]
- October 3: Per-Erik: M. Perdóch J. Matas, S. Obdrzálek.
Stable Affine Frames on Isophotes. ICCV07. [External link]
- September 26: Kenji: P. Sabzmeydani and G. Mori. Detecting Pedestrians by Learning Shapelet Features. CVPR07.
- September 19: David
Meger: Ananth Ranganathan and Frank Dellaert. Semantic Modeling of
Places using Objects. RSS07.
Finished Papers, Spring 2007
- July 24: No seminar due to AAAI07 Conference.
- July 17: David
Meger: AAAI practise talk (20mins):
Hybrid Inference for Sensor Network Localization Using a Mobile Robot.
Dimitrios Marinakis, David Meger, Ioannis Rekleitis, and Gregory Dudek.
- July 10: Best-of-CVPR part II
- Ruben: Robust Real-Time Visual SLAM Using Scale Prediction and Exemplar
Based Feature Description. Denis Chekhlov et al.
- Per-Erik: Saliency Detection: A Spectral Residual Approach. Xiaodi
Hou and Liqing Zhang.
- Nicolas: Trajectory Series Analysis based Event Rule Induction for
Visual Surveillance. Zhang Zhang et al.
- Sancho: An Exemplar Model for Learning Object Classes. Ondrej Chum
and Andrew Zisserman.
- Marius: City-Scale Location Recognition. Grant Schindler et al.
- David L: Dynamic 3D Scene Analysis from a Moving Vehicle. Bastian
Leibe et al.
- Tristram: Objects in Action: An Approach for Combining Action
Understanding and Object Perception. Abhinva Gupta and Larry S. Davis
- July 3: Best-of-CVPR part I
- Per-Erik:Learning local Image Descriptors, Simon A. J. Winder, Matthew Brown.
- Sancho:Semantic Hierarchies for Visual Object Recognition, Martin
Marszalek and Cordelia Schmid.
- David L:Object Retrieval with Large Vocabularies and Fast Spatial
Matching, James Philbin et al.
- Kenji:Detecting Pedestrians by Learning Shapelet Features, Payam
Sabzmeydani and Greg Mori.
- Scott:Beyond Local Appearance: Category Recognition from Pairwise
Interactions of Simple Features, Marius Leordenau and Martial Hebert and
- June 26: Talk by Simon Prince: Latent
identity variables for face recognition: from distance based methods to
- June 19: Yaroslav Litus (from SFU): The frugal feeding
problem: Energy-efficient, multi-robot, multi-place rendezvous.
ICRA07 [External link]
- June 12: Video: Yair Weiss and Bill Freeman, What makes a good model
of natural images? CVPR07 [External link]
- June 5: Per-Erik:
C. Balkenius and B. Johansson, Anticipatory Models in Gaze Control: A
Developmental Model. Cognitive Processing [External link]
- May 29: No seminar due to CRV/GI/AI/IS Precarn in Montreal.
- May 22: CRV practice talks (20mins each):
- Kevin Murphy:
Figure-ground segmentation using a hierarchical conditional random field.
- Per-Erik Forssén:
Learning Saccadic Gaze Control via Motion Prediction. CRV07
- May 15: Nando:
Timothy H. Chung and Joel W. Burdick, A Decision-Making Framework for Control Strategies in Probabilistic Search.ICRA'07
- May 8: Per-Erik:
Jiri Matas and Jan Sochman, Wald's Sequential Analysis for Time-constrained
Vision Problems.ICRA'07, workshop
- May 1: Wei-Lwun:
Master's thesis presentation. Title: Tracking and Recognizing Actions of
Multiple Hockey Players using the Boosted Particle Filter. NB! This
seminar is at 11.30
- April 24: Jim:
Thorsten Spexard et al.,BIRON, where are you?, IROS'06.
- April 17: David
Meger: Ananth Ranganathan and Frank Dellaert, Data driven MCMC for
Appearance-based Topological Mapping, RSS'05.
- April 3: Jim:
Benjamin Kupiers et al.,
Local metrical and global topological maps in the Hybrid Spatial Semantic Hierarchy. ICRA'04.
- Mar 27: Sancho: Rob Fergus et al.,
Removing Camera Shake from a Single Photograph. SIGGRAPH'06.
- Mar 20:Per-Erik: D. Kragic and M. Björkman,
Strategies for object manipulation using foveal and peripheral vision.
IEEE ICVS'06. [External link]
- Mar 13:Julia: Dirk
Walther and Christof Koch, Modeling attention to salient
proto-objects. Neural Networks 2006. [External link]
- Mar 6:Nando:
Stephen Gould et al., Peripheral-Foveal Vision for Real-time Object
Recognition and Tracking in Video. To appear in IJCAI-07
- Feb 27: Per-Erik:
O. Chum and J. Matas. Geometric Hashing with Local Affine
Frames. CVPR'06 [PDF
in IEEE Xplore]
- Feb 20: Maryam:
User Adaptive Image Ranking for Search Engines, NIPS'06 workshop talk
- Feb 13: David Lowe: Jianguo Zhang, Marczalek,
Svetlana Lazebnik, Cordelia Schmid. Local features and kernels for
classification of texture and object categories: a comprehensive
study. Beyond Patches, CVPR'06 workshop
- Feb 6: This week's topic was the Semantic Robot Vision Challenge.
Jan 30:Kenji: Gokhan Tur, Dilek Hakkani-Tür and Robert
E.Schapire. Combining active and semi-supervised learning for spoken
language understanding. Speech Communication 2005.
Jan 23: Per-Erik: P. Moreels and
P. Perona. Evaluation of Features Detectors and Descriptors based on 3D objects.
ICCV'05 [External link]
Jan 16: Julia: C. Laporte and T. Arbel. Efficient
discriminant viewpoint selection for active Bayesian recognition.
IJCV 2006 [External link]
Robuddies main page
To return to the main robuddies page, click here.