I am a Postdoc at the University of British Columbia in the group of Helge Rhodin. Before I was working as a PhD student at the Leibniz University of Hannover from 2015 to 2020. My main research interests are human motion capture and 3D reconstruction. A special focus lies on the application of machine learning techniques such as deep learning, dimensionality reduction and compressed sensing. My current research analyses weakly supervised training of deep neural networks for human pose reconstruction.
Before, I studied Mechatronics at the Leibniz Universität Hannover. During the bachelor studies I focused on robotics and received my B. Sc. in 2012 with a thesis on path planning of autonomous mobile robots. My master thesis Gait Analysis in Monocular Image Sequences using a Morphable Shape Motion Model dealt with 3D reconstruction and animation of human motions.
- September, 2022. I will be joining the Computer Vision Lab at the Linköping University as an assistant professor in September. Click here for open positions.
- March, 2022. Very successful CVPR with 3 papers accepted.
- October, 2021. Our paper Fully Convolutional Cross-Scale-Flows for Image-based Defect Detection is accepted to WACV 2022. Code available here.
- August, 2021. Our paper Probabilistic Monocular 3D Human Pose Estimation with Normalizing Flows is accepted to ICCV 2021. The code is available at https://github.com/twehrbein/Probabilistic-Monocular-3D-Human-Pose-Estimation-with-Normalizing-Flows
- July, 2021. This summer term 2 I will be teaching DATA 311 at UBC. All information can be found in Canvas.
- February, 2021. Our paper CanonPose: Self-supervised Monocular 3D Human Pose Estimation in the Wild got accepted to CVPR 2021. Code: https://github.com/bastianwandt/CanonPose
- January, 2021. After several months of waiting for the visa I finally made it to Vancouver for my Postdoc position at the UBC.
- December, 2020. I received the KI Talent (AI Talent) award for my dissertation which is endowed with a price money of 4000€.
Region-based Cycle-Consistent Data Augmentation for Object Detection
Florian Kluger, Christoph Reinders, Kevin Raetz, Philipp Schelske, Bastian Wandt, Hanno Ackermann, Bodo Rosenhahn
BigData 2018 Road Damage Detection Challenge (Special Award)
Detail-aware Image Decomposition for an HEVC-based Texture Synthesis Framework
Bastian Wandt, Thorsten Laude, Bodo Rosenhahn, Jörn Ostermann
Machine Learning (at TNT, Hannover)
Bodo Rosenhahn and Bastian Wandt
Tracking and Matching in Image Sequences (at TNT, Hannover)
Bodo Rosenhahn and Bastian Wandt
Master and Bachelor theses
- Klassifikation menschlicher Bewegungen in Unterräumen (2017)
- Modellierung eines Posenraums menschlicher Bewegungen mit Hilfe neuronaler Netze (2017)
- Representation of Human Motion using Neural Networks (2018)
- Codierung menschlicher Oberflächenmodelle mittels Neuronaler Netze (2018)
- Zeitkonsistente Schätzung Menschlicher Posen mittels Neuronaler Netze (2018)
- Recurrent Neural Networks for Monocular Human Motion Capture (2019)
- Realtime 3D Human Pose Estimation (2019)
- Texturesynthesis using Generative Adversarial Networks (2019)
- Dimensionsreduktionsmethoden zur Kodierung menschlicher Posen (2019)
- Tiefenschätzung zur 3D Rekonstruktion menschlicher Posen (2019)
- Roboterkinematikbasierte Registrierung eines Augmented Reality Systems (2019)