Vis for Journalists Fall 2015 Lab/Assignment 6
Back to Vis for Journalists 2015 Home
Out: Oct 20 2015, 9:30am. Due: Nov 3 2015, 9am. (Note that you have 2 weeks)
Putting It All Together
- Find, or create, a newsworthy dataset. Don't reuse one you used
in a past lab!
- Analyze this data with Tableau, creating vizzes that showcase
your findings. At least one
should be static, at least one should be linked/interactive.
- Write up an illustrated story suitable for public consumption, featuring your
vizzes at its heart.
- In a separate document, write up your design rationale and
reflections on process. Discuss both your findings and any dead
ends that you ran into in your analysis process.
- Both documents should be illustrated with screenshots.
- The rationale/reflections document can have an informal style, as
with the previous labs.
- The story document should be in a style suitable for
publication. Do make sure to crop your screenshots suitably.
- Submit document in PDF format.
- Send by email to email@example.com by 9am Tue Nov 3, with subject "JOURN
Last modified: Tue Oct 20 06:08:07 PDT 2015