Vis for Journalists Fall 2015 Lab/Assignment 5
Back to Vis for Journalists 2015 Home
Out: Oct 13 2015, 9:30am. Due: Oct 20 2015, 9am
- Work through the example in the instructions about BC History.
(Make sure to change the name before saving to the TLC server, since duplicate names will simply
overwrite each other.)
- Browse through two of the examples in the gallery at the bottom
of the instructions page.
- Find one existing article that is suitable for illustration
with a visual timeline, and curate that timeline with TLC. Take
a screenshot of the result when exported to TimeLineJS format
and to TLC format. Also save the TLC version to the cloud and
note the URL. (Again, ensure unique name!)
- Find two articles that are suitable for comparing against each
other, and create a combined visual timeline for them by
curating it with TLC. Take a screenshot of the result, and save
it to the cloud also. (Remembering to make sure this one's name
is unique as well.)
- Include snapshots of the first visual timeline that you created for
both TimelineJS and TLC modes, and the
URL to the stored version in the cloud.
- Include a screenshot of your curated TLC mashup timeline in TLC
export mode, and the URL to that one also.
- Reflect briefly on what worked well and what did not.
- Submit document in PDF format.
- Send by email to email@example.com by 9am Tue Oct 20, with subject "JOURN
Credits: TimeLineCreator instructions and gallery by Johanna Fulda and
Last modified: Tue Feb 16 18:48:53 PST 2016