I am a PhD student in the Department of Computer Science, University of British Columbia (UBC), working with Dr. Tamara Munzner in the InfoVis group. Prior to UBC, I received my Bachelor's degree from the Department of Computer Science, EECS, Peking University (PKU). I worked as a research assistant in the Visualization and Visual Computing Lab during my undergraduate study in PKU.
Proc. CHI Conf. Human Factors in Computing Systems (CHI), 2020
IEEE Trans. Visualization & Computer Graphics (TVCG), to be presented at PacificVis 2020.
IEEE Trans. Visualization & Computer Graphics (TVCG), 2019
Visualization of Social Media Flows with Interactively Identified Key PlayersIEEE Visual Analytics Science and Technology (VAST), 2014
A Platform For Collaborative Visual Analysis on Streaming MessagesIEEE Visual Analytics Science and Technology (VAST) Challenge 2014Award: Excellent Collaborative Streaming Analysis
Live Network Streaming with Utilities and CostProc. Large-Scale Distributed Systems and Middleware (LADIS), 2012
Balancing Cost and User Utility for Live Network StreamingProc. Asia-Pacific Workshop on Systems (APSys), 2012
- Case facilitator for BIOF 520 Problem-based Learning in Bioinformatics (spring 2020).
- TA for CPSC 436V Inforamtion Visualization, which opens for the first time (spring 2020).
- TA for CPSC 313 Computer Hardware and Operating Systems (3 terms in 2015-2016).
- TA for CPSC 213 Introduction to Computer Systems (summer 2016).
PhD candidate in Computer Science, University of British Columbia
Vancouver, Canada, Sept. 2015 - Now
Bachelors of Science Degree in Computer Science, Peking University
Beijing, China, Sept. 2011 – Jul. 2015
- Research intern at the Creative Intelligence Lab of Adobe Research, mentored by Leo Zhicheng Liu (Seattle, USA, May - July 2018).
- Full-stack developer (intern) at Cogtu Network Technology, supervised by Jianan Hao and Xiaodi Hou (Beijing, China, May 2015 - Jul. 2015).
- Research assistant at the Visualization and Visual Computing Lab, Peking University, supervised by Prof. Xiaoru Yuan (Beijing, China, Sept. 2013 - Sept. 2015).
- Research-Exchange Student in Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Technion - Israel Institute of Technology (Haifa, Isreal, Sept. 2012 – Feb. 2013).