I am a PhD student in the Department of Computer Science, University of British Columbia (UBC), working with Dr. Tamara Munzner in the InfoVis group. Prior to UBC, I received my Bachelor's degree from the Department of Computer Science, EECS, Peking University (PKU). I worked as a research assistant in the Visualization and Visual Computing Lab during my undergraduate study in PKU.
Proc. CHI Conf. Human Factors in Computing Systems (CHI) 2020
Accepted by IEEE Pacific Visualization Symposium (PacificVis) 2020
Invited to IEEE Trans. Visualization & Computer Graphics (TVCG) 2020Award: Best Paper Honorable Mention
IEEE Trans. Visualization & Computer Graphics (TVCG) 2019
Visualization of Social Media Flows with Interactively Identified Key PlayersIEEE Visual Analytics Science and Technology (VAST), 2014
A Platform For Collaborative Visual Analysis on Streaming MessagesIEEE Visual Analytics Science and Technology (VAST) Challenge 2014Award: Excellent Collaborative Streaming Analysis
Live Network Streaming with Utilities and CostProc. Large-Scale Distributed Systems and Middleware (LADIS), 2012
Balancing Cost and User Utility for Live Network StreamingProc. Asia-Pacific Workshop on Systems (APSys), 2012
- TA for CPSC 436V Information Visualization, which opens for the first time (spring 2020).
- Case facilitator for BIOF 520 Problem-based Learning in Bioinformatics (spring 2020).
- TA for CPSC 313 Computer Hardware and Operating Systems (3 terms in 2015-2016).
- TA for CPSC 213 Introduction to Computer Systems (summer 2016).
PhD candidate in Computer Science, University of British Columbia
Vancouver, Canada, Sept. 2015 - Now
Bachelors of Science in Computer Science, Peking University
Beijing, China, Sept. 2011 – Jul. 2015
- Research intern at the Creative Intelligence Lab of Adobe Research, mentored by Leo Zhicheng Liu (Seattle, USA, May - July 2018).
- Full-stack developer (intern) at Cogtu Network Technology, supervised by Jianan Hao and Xiaodi Hou (Beijing, China, May 2015 - Jul. 2015).
- Research assistant at the Visualization and Visual Computing Lab, Peking University, supervised by Prof. Xiaoru Yuan (Beijing, China, Sept. 2013 - Sept. 2015).
- Research-Exchange Student in Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Technion - Israel Institute of Technology (Haifa, Israel, Sept. 2012 – Feb. 2013).