The Symposium on Computer Animation was established in 2002
to provide a forum where researchers and practioners in computer animation could
interact on a smaller and more intimate scale than a conference such as
SIGGRAPH and Eurographics.
SCA will have a regular rotation of conference chairs and program
chairs. It is expected that no one will need to serve twice as
conference or program committee chair, thereby ensuring that the
symposium is owned by the international computer animation research community.
- In general, we expect that a junior and senior person will serve as
co-chairs for the conference and a similar team will serve as co-chairs
for the program. This guideline allows junior members of the community
to gain exposure by participating in the conference organization.
- Reviewing will be performed internally by a large (50 person)
committee of animation researchers and practitioners.
- SCA will alternate between North America, Europe, and possibly Asia.
This meets the needs of the sponsoring organizations and
allows travel costs to be uniformly shared.
- SCA will have a steering committee representing the international
community of researchers in animation.
There will be a regular rotation of its steering committee.
See below for its composition.
- The steering committee is responsible for selection of
conference chairs and program chairs, as well as making
decisions related to the publication format and timing.