The following assumes you have already installed Tortoise CVS (
http://www.tortoisecvs.org/ ), or are using your own CVS client. You will also
require a Computer Science department graduate account.
1) Download a
copy of PuTTY if you don't have one already (its my favorite SSH client and
recommended in this case) :
2) launch PuTTY (no need to install anything).
- set host name to : remote.cs.ubc.ca
set port to : 22 (or just select SSH)
- give the session
a name under saved sessions (I called mine remote.cs.ubc.ca)
- click save
3) connect to the remote server and accept the
server certificate (you only need to do this once).
4) Make sure you can
log in OK.
5) Close the PuTTY window. Your done with this part.
6) Navigate to where you want the files
7) right click and
choose Checkout Module (Using tortoise CVS)
8) Configure Tortoise as
- Protocol : Secure shell (:ext:) <---
this is important, not Secure Shell(:ssh:)
- Server :
The name you gave the session in PuTTY (remote.cs.ubc.ca in my case)
- Repository folder : /ai/murphyk/cvsroot
- username : Just enter your username
- module name :
9) click OK, and your done. Once this is set up you should
not have to do it again, and it only prompts for your password once.
will also need to check out a copy of JMRtools following the same process
(beginning with step(7) ), except replace the module name detectorUBC with
Please send errors or omissions to : talis (at) cs (dot)
ubc (dot) ca