Holger's Scuba-Diving Page
Some say that scuba-diving is addictive - well, I guess it's true, at least
I started scuba-diving in spring 1997 in British Columbia.
To be precise, it was February, and the water was kind of cold
- but then this was meant to be only part of my preparations for a
trip to the British Virgin Islands.
Since then, I did lots of dives, mostly in British Columbia, but also
some in Florida and Mexico.
Since 1998 I've been an active member of the
UBC Aqua Society where I helped organising shore dives and
Naturally, my interest in diving lead me to finding some neat websites,
and since friends ask me every now and then for these links,
I thought I might as well put them on a nice little page.
As to whether to include more personal diving info on this page
(experience, credentials, gear, dive log, ...) I am still undecided
- may be later, when I have more time ;)
Some dive sites on the web:
- UBC Aqua Society
- UBC's dive club. Mostly really nice people, but the club is fairly
large and sometimes suffers from a lack of participation in diving related
- Global Underwater Explorers
- a relatively new training agency dedicated to high quality diving
education and training. I did a course with them and loved it! What a
difference between these guys and the other organisations ...
- manufacturers of high-quality, "Doing-it-Right" diving gear.
I dive their gear and just love it!
Tauchen in Deutschland (mostly in german)
- WHAT? Diving in Germany? That might be your first reaction,
but they are very well organised and have lots of useful
information. There is some real good information
on diving physiology and safety issues in the "Schatztruhe" section
- some of the stuff even in english. Trust me, it's worth to check
out this one!
ScubaDuba - The Ultimate Scuba Diving Site On The World Wide Web
- well, that's what they say ... but it's not bad, honestly ;)
Eric's SCUBA page!
- lots of information about diving in Washington and British Columbia
- dive sites in British Columbia (I dove a couple of them)
Laura's Underwater Photo Gallery
- neat underwater pictures (I haven't taken any myself yet, but they show some
of the stuff I've seen down there)
- a comprehensive ressource on diving medicine
SCUBA DIVING EXPLAINED
- a neat book on diving physiology
But Is Recreational Scuba Diving Safe?
- one particularly interesting section from the afore mentioned book
EANx Facts and Fantasies
- about Nitrox (I've been diving it since autumn 1997)
- some more information on the good stuff
- it's true, some divers do it deeper.
This page is dedicated to my dive buddy Sonia,
and to all the people who introduced and accompanied me into the
underwater world. Safe diving to all of you!
> Home page
© 2005 Holger H. Hoos - last update 2005/02/01