Tuition Fees Payroll Deduction & Related Information

Tuition Payroll Deductions / Fee Deferral Application Deadline

  • Summer Session: March 31, 2017 (17S) / March 29, 2018 (18S)
  • Winter Term 1 (Sep - Dec): August 11, 2017 (17W) / August 10, 2018 (18W)
  • Winter Term 2 (Jan - Apr): November 28, 2017 (17W)

Tuition Fee Payroll Deduction Procedures for domestic students
Tuition Fee Deferral Information for international students

NOTE: You are not eligible for this fee payment option if you are receiving award money that covers all or most of your tuition fees. The Tuition Fee Office will generally accept applications within a week after the deadline. If you need an extension, please contact Maria Mannella at Applications should be dropped off at the Tuition Fee Payroll Deduction / Fee Deferrals Office at Enrolment Services on the main floor (across from Student Financial Assistance and Awards) of Brock Hall.

If you have any questions about tuition fees, please contact Maria Mannella at:

Maria Mannella
UBC Enrollment Services
Records & Registration - Tuition Fees
2014-1874 East Mall (Brock Hall)
Telephone: (604) 822-0632
Fax: (604) 822-5945

You can view your pay information online at; log in using your CWL account credentials. First time users will need to contact Joyce Poon ( for your employee ID number, and the CWL signup PIN.


International Student to Permant Resident Status

Information about tuition fee adjustments that occur when an international student changes their status to Permanent Resident is available in the UBC Calendar.

Tuition Fee Refund Policy

  • Students who have completed their program
    • Students who have paid more than the minimum instalments for the degree will have their tuition fees prorated to the end of the month in which the Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies confirms that all degree requirements have been completed. This includes the submission of either their major paper or final project to their department or their thesis to the Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies' Office.
  • Students who did not complete their program

Tuition Tax Receipts

T2202A tax receipts are available on the SSC.  A list of fees that are qualified for tuition tax credit is available in the UBC Calendar.  If there is an error on your T2202A Tax Receipts regarding the number of months that you are in school, please contact the Tuition Fee Payment Office in Brock Hall.

T4 and T4A Receipts

T4 tax receipts are available online. Once you login, you should be able to download your T4 receipts (online view). 

Note: If you are accessing your CWL from off campus, you will need to set up a VPN.  Please refer to UBC IT's instructions on how to do this, 

Should you have technical issues, please contact IT at 604-827-4357.

Graduate Teaching Assistants: Both T4 and T4A (If you have served as a TA, then you should download both T4 and T4A, which is for Fellowship Scholarship earnings.)
Graduate Academic Assistants and Undergraduate Academic Assistants: T4
Graduate Research Assistants: T4A

Detailed information is available on the UBC Finance website

U Pass

Please refer to the U Pass web site detailed information.

U Pass FAQ

For urgent matters, please send email to

a place of mind, The University of British Columbia


ICICS/CS Building 201-2366 Main Mall
Vancouver, B.C. V6T 1Z4 Canada
Tel: 604-822-3061 | Fax: 604-822-5485
Undergrad program:
Graduate program:

Emergency Procedures | Accessibility | Contact UBC | © Copyright The University of British Columbia