Book recommendations from the authors of:
Programming interviews exposed : secrets to landing your next job. 3rd ed. / Mongan, Suojanen, Giguère.
HF 5549.5 I6 M664 2013
Programminginterviews exposed : coding your way through the interview. 4th ed. / Mongan, Kindler, Giguere
HF 5549.5 I6 M664 2018
Additional suggested readings and resources from:
To find more resources and for books that are available online, please check the Reading Room catalogue.
See also: Careers and Job Hunting for resources for job hunting, improving communication and career skills.
Algorithms, Data Structures & Puzzles
- The algorithm design manual. 2nd ed. / Skiena.
QA 76.9 A43 S55 2008 (plus older edition)
- Algorithmic puzzles / Levitin.
QA 95 L475 2011
- Algorithms / Dasgupta, Papadimitriou, Vazirani.
QA 9.58 D37 2008
- Data structures and algorithms made easy : data structures and algorithmic puzzles. 5th ed. / Karumanchi.
QA 76.9 A43 K367 2017
- Data structures and algorithms made easy in Java. 2nd ed. / Karumanchi.
QA 76.9 A43 K37 2012
- How would you move Mount Fuji? : Microsoft's cult of the puzzle : how the world's smartest companies select the most creative thinkers / Poundstone.
HF 5549.5 I6 P68 2003
- Introduction to algorithms. 3rd ed. / Cormen ... [et al.].
QA 76.6 C662 2009 (plus older editions)
- Puzzles for programmers and pros / Shasha.
QA 95 S4699 2007
Operating Systems & Programming Languages
- Effective C++ : 55 specific ways to improve your programs and designs. 3rd ed. / Meyers.
QA 76.73 C153 M48 2005 (also on Kindle & Kobo, plus older edition)
- Effective Java. 2nd ed. / Bloch.
QA 76.73 J38 B57 2008 (also on Kindle & Kobo, plus older edition)
- Modern operating systems. 3rd ed. / Tanenbaum
QA 76.76 O63 T359 2008 (plus older edition)
- Thinking in Java / Eckel.
QA 76.73 J38 E25 2006
- Design patterns : elements of reusable object-oriented software / Gamma ... [et al.].
QA 76.64 D47 1995 (also on Kindle & Kobo)
- Programming pearls / Bentley.
QA 76.6 B454 2000
- The art of project management / Berkun.
HD 69 P75 B47 2005
- The practice of programming / Kernighan, Pike.
QA 76.6 K48 1999
- Code complete. 2nd ed. / McConnell
QA 76.76 D47 M39 2004
- Rapid development : taming wild software schedules / McConnell.
QA 76.76 D47 M393 1996
- The mythical man-month : essays on software engineering. 2nd ed. / Brooks, Jr.
QA 76.758 B75 1995 (also on Kindle & Kobo, plus older edition)
- Writing secure code / Howard and LeBlanc.
QA 76.9 A25 H698 2003
- Writing solid code : Microsoft’s techniques for developing bug-free C programs / Maguire
QA 76.73 C15 M335 1993
- How to break software : a practical guide to testing / Whittaker.
QA 76.76 T48 W47 2003
- Software testing. 2nd ed. / Patton.
QA 76.76 T48 P38 2006
- The art of software testing. 3rd ed. / Myers, Sandler, Badgett.
QA 76.76 T48 M894 2011