Writing CDs - Burn Sequence
The Burn Sequence
Before you burn the CD, Adaptec will attempt to determine if
the system is fast enough to keep up at the selected speed.
Ratbert is capable of 2x speed only - anything higher than that
You should have already selected a format and told Adaptec what
data you wish to archive.
- Click "Check Speed". This basically performs a test that
determines that Ratbert cannot maintain 4x speed.
- Click "Done" to open the final verification window..
- Set the speed to 2x - other speeds are too fast.
- Press "Write Disc" or "Write Session" to write the entire disk.
Theoretically, with "Write session", you can add additional info to the disk later
- Wait. A 74-minute CD-R will take approximately 37 minutes to burn at
2x, and another 37 minutes to verify.
Once the burn has completed, please remove your files from the
scratch disks so that others don't have to feel guilty removing
them for you.