Job Title: Software Engineer
Location: Vancouver or remote
Benefits: Full benefits in the US; full benefits (and CAD salary) in Canada
Projected Start Date: Starting now through early 2022
Job Description: Help us build and maintain backend microservices for a new class of cybersecurity insurance products. Our Core Services Team oversees the services that underpin several user-facing websites, managing large volumes of data used for security analysis and endpoint defenses. Our backend services are primarily written in asynchronous Python and run in containers within Kubernetes.
We’re hiring candidates who can assist with the design, testing, and maintenance of our services. You’ll be expected to identify gaps, problems, and needs, and respond with robust solutions as required. You should also be willing to iterate with feedback from the team; we have a culture of very close collaboration. This is an exciting opportunity to join a team of experienced developers who have built out a strong tech base and are ready to accelerate the company’s growth.
- Comfortable with Linux development environment (tmux, command-line editors)
- Familiarity with architecting web services (especially in Python)
- Experience working in an Industry internship or other collaborative environment
- BS/MS in Computer Science (including systems and algorithms coursework)
- Bonus: Kubernetes or container-based development experience
- Bonus: Asynchronous programming experience (e.g. asyncio)
About Us: Elpha Secure is a startup in the cybersecurity and insurance space, building proprietary protection and coverage into a single risk control tool for the first time ever. Small and midsize businesses that may not realize their cyber risk — or know how to manage it — can rely on our software to reduce the chance of a cyberattack, and our insurance policy is there to shield them from the consequences of a breach. We aim to offer a unique level of digital resilience that’s accessible, affordable, and beneficial for businesses everywhere.