Job Title: C++ Software Engineer
Location: Vancouver or remote
Benefits: Full benefits in the US; full benefits (and CAD salary) in Canada
Projected Start Date: Between now and January 2022
Job Description: Help us create the endpoint software, including custom security tools, to improve the security posture of Elpha Secure clients. You’ll develop in C++ (and potentially other native languages) and test across Windows desktops, MacOS desktops, and Linux cloud servers. You’ll also extend server-side code written in asynchronous Python.
We’re hiring candidates who can take responsibility for design, testing, and maintenance. You should be willing to iterate with feedback from the team; we have a culture of very close collaboration. You’ll also be expected to identify gaps, problems, and needs, and respond with robust solutions as needed.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a team of experienced developers who have built out a strong tech base and are ready to accelerate the company’s growth.
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Extensive C++ and general systems programming experience
- Interest in security problems and implementing software defenses
- Comfortable with Linux development environment (tmux, command-line editors)
- Bonus: Kubernetes or container-based development experience
- Bonus: Windows or Mac development experience
- Bonus: Experience with architecting web services (especially in Python)
About Us: Elpha Secure is a startup in the cybersecurity and insurance space, building proprietary protection and coverage into a single risk control tool for the first time ever. Small and midsize businesses that may not realize their cyber risk — or know how to manage it — can rely on our software to reduce the chance of a cyberattack, and our insurance policy is there to shield them from the consequences of a breach. We aim to offer a unique level of digital resilience that’s accessible, affordable, and beneficial for businesses everywhere.