Welcome to my page. I am currently a Research Assistant Professor (non tenure-track) at the Department of Computer Science and Engineering at NYU Tandon School of Engineering. I will join the Department of Computer Science at the University of Colorado Colorado Springs as a tenure-track Assistant Professor in the Fall of 2016.
I closely collaborate with Dr. Ivan Beschastnikh from UBC, and Dr. Justin Cappos from NYU. Previously, I have been working with Dr. Yvonne Coady from the Department of Computer Science, Dr. Aaron Gulliver from the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at University of Victoria, and Dr. Rick McGeer from SAP.
My research interest is computer networking (wireless), application fault diagnosis, mobile platforms, probability and statistics. I have done research on network protocols, system design and analysis.
Find me on Google Scholar Citations
. My calendar can be found here
- Our paper "Trust Evaluation in Mobile Devices: An Empirical Study" has been accepted to TrustCom'15. This is the joint work with Evergreen College, Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT), and NYU.
- Our paper "It's the Psychology Stupid: How Heuristics Explain Software Vulnerabilities and How Priming Can Illuminate Developer's Blind Spots" has been accepted to ACSAC'14. This is the joint work with Justin, Daniela Oliveira (UFL), Kuo-Chuan Yeh (PSU), and others.
- Our paper "NetCheck: Network Diagnoses from Blackbox Traces" has been accepted to NSDI'14.
This is the joint work with Justin, Ivan, Eleni, Steven, Fraidy, and Monzur. Our final version can be found here. NSDI site for our paper is here.
- "TWC: Medium: Collaborative: Developer Crowdsourcing: Capturing, Understanding, and Ad- dressing Security-related Blind Spots in APIs", NSF (National Science Foundation) No. 1513457, co-PI with Prof. Justin Cappos (NYU), Prof. Daniela Oliveira (UFL), and Prof. Yuriy Brun (Umass).
- "Early Concept Grants for Exploratory Research (EAGER): Using Cognitive Techniques To Detect and Prevent Security Flaws", NSF (National Science Foundation) No. 1444827, co-PI with Prof. Justin Cappos and Prof. Martin Yeh (PSU).
- "Harnessing the Power of Smartphones for Risk Mitigation", NYU-AIG (American International Group, Inc.) Partnership on Innovation for Global Resilience, co-PI with Prof. Justin Cappos.
- NSERC Postdoctoral Fellowship (PDF).