I'm a first year Ph.D. student in Computer Science at the University of British Columbia.
I do research in Machine Learning and its application in Computer Vision.
I'm currently being co-supervised by Jim Little and Mark Schmidt.
|A. Shafaei, J. J. Little, Mark Schmidt. Play and Learn: Using Video Games to Train Computer Vision Models. in BMVC, 2016.|
[arXiv][PDF][MIT Technology Review][BMVC16][Abstract]
PDF (Beamer) to Powerpoint (Bash)
Convert your (Beamer) PDF slides to (Powerpoint) PPTX while preserving the style. It's useful if you want to annotate your slides on a Microsoft Surface when you're presenting.[Github]
- I'm currently working on optimization and deep neural networks.
- I sometimes present papers at Computer Vision/Robuddies/Machine Learning reading group.
- 2015, I did research on pose estimation and people detection.
- Winter 2014, I co-organized the Machine Learning Reading Group.
- Summer 2014, I organized the Deep Learning reading group.
Contact InfoWork Address: ICICS Building, University of British Columbia, 201-2366 Main Mall, Vancouver, B.C. V6T 1Z4 Canada.