Structural Conflicts in View Integration
For this class we will be reading one paper:
To successfully complete this reading, be ready to write a good
response and be prepared for a good in class discussion, I suggest the
Stefano Spaccapietra, Christine Parent: View Integration: A Step Forward in Solving
Structural Conflicts. TKDE 6(2): 258-274 (1994). We are reading
this paper so that we can concentrate on one specific method of
creating a schema for view integration and see how it builds on the
previous work we read in the previous survey.
- Be careful about the RWS (Real World State) in IVA. Read it,
read IVB, read IVA again.
- Don't worry too much about the details of the definitions (e.g.,
RWS of path, Def D6). Make sure that you understand the intuition.
- Skim IV C & D, come back if you're confused
- A good test for yourself: put each rule into your own words
- Concentrate on trying to follow why all of the examples turn out
the way that they do
[534A home] [grading] [schedule][project]
Office Location: CICSR 393
The Department of Computer Science
University of British Columbia
201-2366 Main Mall
Vancouver, B.C. V6T 1Z4