The programming language of the course is Python. The previous link takes you to Enthought, who have put together a nice installation package. Make sure you become familiar with Numpy and Matplotlib as soon as possible. We will also use the package Theano for deep learning.
Useful Links :
- Deep Learning Website.
- Geoff Hinton's Website.
- Yehuda Koren's Website.
- Yann Lecun's Website.
- Andrew Ng's Website.
- Jason Weston's Website.
- Russ Salakhutdinov's Website.
- The book of Kevin Murphy.
- Hastie, Tibshirani and Friedman: The elements of statistical learning.
- Machine learning video lectures
- Why stats: NYTimes article
- The following handout should help you with linear algebra revision: PDF