Brendan Joseph Murphy's Memorial Homepage
In what craggy cleft does our son now lay
Entombed by snow that once did stay
In peace serene -- till that sad day
When Nature rose our son to slay.
"But why should that be?" I hear you say.
'Tis the Lord that gives -- and takes away.
Yet in God's good time He will restore
Our son to us for evermore.
--- Gerard Joseph Murphy (Brendan's father).
- Long article about the fateful Changabang
expedition from High Magazine, September 1997, by Mick
- Article about Brendan's life as a climber
and non-climber, from High magazine, by
- Obituary from High Magazine, August
1997, by Roger Payne.
- Obituary from The Guardian, 16 June
97, by Ed Douglas.
- Obituary from The Croydon
Advertiser, 27 June 97, by Simon Peyton.
- Poem for Kate Phillips, by Kona Macphee.
- "The Lesson of
the Moth", a poem by Don Marquis.
- Messages of condolence from the climbing
- Photos of Brendan and his family.
- Brendan's homepage.