Research Interests   (See full list of publications)|
- My main area of interest is machine learning and statistics with a
focus on topics listed below.
- Hierarchical Bayesian Models: Bayesian regression, latent Gaussian models, topic models, and sparse graphical models.
- Developing accurate, efficient, and scalable algorithms for inference, parameter learning, and model selection.
- Approximation techniques based on variational methods, MCMC, and search algorithms.
- I was Vice President (Social) for CSGSA in 2007-08.
- I (along with Lucas and Uwe) initiated a casual lecture series called UDLS.
- I also started a series of refresher courses to help new graduate students with the courses in CS.