v1.2 released 2 July 2008:
- Added dimension checks to the operator multiplication routines
- Fixed bug in
classOp for premultiplication by a vector
- Fixed bug in
- Improved speed in
v1.1.3 released 25 March 2008:
- Added a Matlab 704 (.dll extension) for the RWT.
- Fixed a bug in
v1.1.2 released 15 February 2008 and updated 21 March 2008:
- Now include precompiled MEX interfaces (Windows and MacIntel) for the Rice Wavelet Toolbox. (Thanks to Igor Carron for this suggestion.)
- Several changes were made to the
- Instead of a problem ID it now accepts problems names as well as;
- Conversion between names and numbers can be done by specifying the problem number and adding the 'getname' parameter and vice versa by specifying the problem name and adding the 'lookup' parameter;
- All problems now have a default
name in their info field.
- The following changes have been made to the operators
- A new
opHadamard was added for multiplication by Hadamard matrices
opGaussian operator now checks to ensure that the number of columns exceeds the number of rows when a row orthogonalization mode is given;
- The new
opSplitComplex operator was added. This non-linear operator splits complex numbers into their real and imaginary parts or combines them to a complex number in transpose mode.
- Several changes were made in the implementation of the test problems
- Problem 1 (zheavisng): Set the normalize flag in the Heaviside matrix to ensure the solution is indeed sparse. Without it there is too. much energy in the columns of the Heaviside matrix which gives a dense optimal solution. The signal is now also generated locally so that the exact sparse solution can be given.
- Problem 7 (sgnspike): Use the QR instead of ORTH mode in the Gaussian ensemble to orthogonalize the rows, this considerably speeds up problem generations.
- Problem 8 (zsgnspike): Use the QR instead of ORTH mode in the Gaussian ensemble to orthogonalize the rows, this considerably speeds up problem generations.
- Problem 501 (phantom1): Bug fixed in generating the observation vector b. We thank Elaine Hale for reporting this bug.
- All problems now have a name added and can handle the 'getname' query.
sparcoSetup script by-passes compilation of the Rice wavelet toolbox (RWT) if the MEX interfaces already exist. Alternatively, the 'norwt' flag can be set to suppress compilation.
v1.1 released 12 December 2007:
- problems/prob001.m: The Heaviside matrix is now normalized.
This ensures that the solution is indeed sparse. Without it there
is too much energy in the columns of the Heaviside matrix which
gives a dense optimal solution.
classOp operators are now unified.
This feature can be used to unify matrix vector multiplication as well
as to associated counters to matrices and existing